{{Quickfixn}} Methods of External Communication with QuickFIX/n Engine

Brendan Horng Brendan at kynex.com
Thu Jul 13 06:42:55 PDT 2017

Hello,

We are creating a FIX Engine that has a need to receive external requests/commands from our own internal services (i.e. send this order in this database entry).
The calling application that would be making a request to the FIX engine is not an application that is always running, so it isn't a matter of just hooking up the FIX engine to our existing .NET code base.

The solution that we currently have in mind is wrapping the process in a Windows Service and sending messages to it internally through .NET Remoting.

We were wondering if anyone has other suggestions or methods that come to mind that they may have done. Even if you think the solution is inferior, we would be happy to hear what other techniques/methods that people used to solve a similar problem.

Thanks,
Brendan