{{Quickfixn}} TLS Support in QuickFix/n

Atanu Sinha (BLOOMBERG/ 919 3RD A) asinha77 at bloomberg.net
Thu Apr 20 06:48:11 PDT 2017

Hi Guys,

Our counterpart is moving away from SSL to Tls. They have provided us with the Tls certs and for reasons unknown (so far) the connection attempt fails the initial handshake when we try to connect to them. I just wanted to make sure that my configuration for initiator looks fine and please suggest if I need to make any changes.

[DEFAULT]
ConnectionType=initiator
HeartBtInt=30
LogonTimeout=10
LogoutTimeout=10
ReconnectInterval=60
ResetSeqNumFlag=Y
ResetOnLogon=Y
FileStorePath=C:\FIX\FIXStore
StartTime=00:00:00
EndTime=00:00:00
StartDay=Sun
EndDay=Sat
UseDataDictionary=Y
DataDictionary=C:\FIX\FIX44.xml

[SESSION]
BeginString=FIX.4.4
SenderCompID=MYSESSION
TargetCompID=THEIRSESSION
SocketConnectPort=xxxx
SocketConnectHost=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
CheckLatency=N
MaxLatency=240
SSLEnable=Y
SSLServerName=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx (same as SocketConnectHost)
SSLProtocols=Tls
SSLValidateCertificates=N
SSLValidateServerCertificate=N
SSLCertificate=CERT_NAME_AS_ON_THE_CERT_SUBJECT_CN_NAME
SSLCertificatePassword=CERT_PASSWORD_IN_STRING

Please advice if the above looks good.

Thanks,
Atanu