{{Quickfixn}} Remove/Ignore required tag from Logon in FIX5.0SP2

Steffen Wiederspahn (BLOOMBERG/ RTS FRANK) s.wiederspah at bloomberg.net
Wed Feb 15 00:12:15 PST 2017

Hi,

I am currently struggling with the tag 1137 (DefaultApplVerID) in FIX5.0SP2. I am sending this tag as the initiator during the Logon message to my counterpart. My counterpart is then sending me back the logon response without this tag. This is causing my client to disconnect with the Error "Message 1 Rejected: Required tag missing:1137".  I tried already to make this field as non-mandatory in the FIXT11.xml but this had no effect.
My questions are now if there is a way to configure this tag as non-mandatory and if it'S possible to not send this tag as initiator in the logon message?

thanks and regards
Steffen