{{Quickfixn}} Cant set MsgSeqNUM!!!!!

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Tue Sep 29 11:34:52 PDT 2015

The recommended course of action is to:

1) Stop your application

2) modify your <session>.seqnum file -- it should look like this:
    0000002453 : 0000003877
where the first number is the seqnum of the next outgoing message, and the
second number is the *expected* seqnum of the next incoming message.

3) Restart your application.

To force your counterparty to resend past messages *(if your counterparty
supports that)*, then set the second number to the seqnum of the first old
message you want to receive.  After login, your app will see the mismatch
on the first received sequence number and send a ResendRequest
message.  *(Messages
received as a result of a ResendRequest will have 43=Y (PossDupFlag).
Admin messages will be replaced with 35=4 messages that have 123=Y.)*

-Grant

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Mike Gatny <mgatny at connamara.com> wrote:

> You cannot change the MsgSeqNum field.  If you think you need to, you are
> doing something else wrong.  What problem are you actually trying to solve?
>
> --
> Mike Gatny
> Connamara Systems, LLC
>
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 1:00 PM, xmoon 2000 <xmoon2000 at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Help!
>>
>> I amn trying to
>>

>>         public void ToAdmin(QuickFix.Message message, SessionID sessionID)
>>         {
>>                 if ((message.ToString().IndexOf("35=A") > 0))
>>                 {
>>
>>                     message.SetField(new ResetSeqNumFlag(false));
>>
>>                     message.SetField(new MsgSeqNum(2864));
>>
>>                 }
>>
>> }
>>

>> But QuickFix's own tag 34 REMAINS in the message - how can I change it
>> please?

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*