{{Quickfixn}} Fwd: Sending bursts of messages

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Thu Sep 24 20:34:55 PDT 2015

Let's back up a second.  Can you elaborate on "my application doesn't
process all the messages"?

Is your app sending back rejects?  Messages rejected at the transport layer
are not passed up to the application.  You'll see outgoing 35=3 messages in
your log.

Another possibility: Are your message handlers possibly throwing exceptions
that you're not catching or are silently ignoring?

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 8:34 PM, Kaitlyn Hwang <kaitlyn.hwang at gmail.com>
wrote:

> When bursts of messages get sent to my client, the messages are in the fix
> log. However, my application doesn't process all the messages. In order for
> me to track down the problem, I want to create a fake message sender.
>
> Is there a recommended way to create a fake message sender to send bursts
> of messages?  Should I think about having a thread per message and send it?
> Or is there a method I'm missing?
>
> --
> -Kaitlyn Hwang
>

> --