{{Quickfixn}} Configuring SSL with Cert & Key pem files

Ian Clements ian.clements at investmentsoftwareltd.com
Mon Sep 14 12:31:57 PDT 2015

Many thanks for the reply Grant.  I managed to figure it out in the end my ignorance of SSL certificates and how they work was the main problem!  I needed to use OpenSSL to turn my two pem files (Cert & key) into a pfx file with the following command –

OpenSSL pkcs12 –inkey c:\keys\key.pem –in c:\keys\cert.pem –export –out c:\keys\NewCert.pfx

Then with the following config everything connected great.

SSLEnable=Y
SSLValidateCertificates=N
SSLCheckCertificateRevocation=N
SSLCertificate=c:\Keys\NewCert.pfx
SSLCertificatePassword=xxxxxxx

Hope this helps others.  Would be good to include it in the SSL documentation to help others trying to migrate from stunnel with key and cert files.