{{Quickfixn}} FIX Beginner

Elie El-Tawil eetawil at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 13:20:47 PDT 2015

Thanks for the advice

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Grant Birchmeier" <gbirchmeier at connamara.com>
Date:Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 4:19 PM
Subject:Re: {{Quickfixn}} FIX Beginner

So you have some kind of existing C# application that pushes fix messages to your FTP drop?

Sounds like QF will work nicely for you!

You need to augment your existing app to create an initiator that's configured to connect to AIM.  It'll have code that looks pretty similar to that which is in the TradeClient example's Main function.

Your first step should be try to get your app's initiator and the AIM acceptor to exchange heartbeats.  Make sure you refer to AIM's FIX documentation!  No two FIX acceptors are alike!