{{Quickfixn}} Help with FIX message TAG ordering

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Fri Jun 12 08:02:28 PDT 2015

FIX protocol does not care about field ordering except for within repeating
groups.

All QuickFIX engines (QF, QF/n, QF/j) will order the tags in the body by
numeric tag value (except within repeating groups, which will be ordered
according to what is specified in the DataDictionary).

If you aren't using QF to transmit messages, then I wonder if you may be
better off not using QF at all.  (Perhaps a scripting language like Ruby or
Python might even be appropriate.)

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 7:41 AM, Elie El-Tawil <eetawil at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm very new to QuickFix and FIX in general.
> I'm using this library to produce FIX message in a file that we will be
> using for testing purpose (no initiaor or acceptor) simply an output to a
> file.
>
> Our specs demands that the FIX message TAG orders to be different from
> what quickfix provides by default. How can I create my own ordering using
> the quickfix library or do I have to do my own sorting and parsing?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*