{{Quickfixn}} TransactTime format

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Tue Apr 7 08:33:03 PDT 2015

What QF/n does now is mandated by the FIX spec.  Your vendor is basically
asking you to do it wrong.

>From vol 1 of the FIX5 spec: "UTCTimestamp: Time/date combination
represented in UTC (Universal Time Coordinated, also known as “GMT”) in
either YYYYMMDD-HH:MM:SS (whole seconds) UorU YYYYMMDD- HH:MM:SS.sss
(milliseconds) format, colons, dash, and period required."

To workaround, you could change this field to a string in your DD xml file.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Pinisetti , Satyanarayanamurty (CWM-NR) <
satyanarayanamurty.pinisetti at rbccm.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> Is there a way to send TransactTime(60) format in “MM/dd/yyyy
> HH:mm:ss.ffff” for Quote message?
>
> One of our vendors is expecting in his format.
>
> Looks like Quickfixn api accepts only DateTime for TransactTime. By
> default it is going as YYYYMMDD-HH:MM:SS.
>
> It is not allowing to format with ToString().
>

> Thanks
>
> Satya

> This E-Mail (including any attachments) may contain privileged or
> confidential information.  It is intended only for the addressee(s)
> indicated above.
>
> The sender does not waive any of its rights, privileges or other
> protections respecting this information.
>
> Any distribution, copying or other use of this E-Mail or the information
> it contains, by other than an intended recipient, is not sanctioned and is
> prohibited.
>
> If you received this E-Mail in error, please delete it and advise the
> sender (by return E-Mail or otherwise) immediately.
>
> This E-Mail (including any attachments) has been scanned for viruses.
>
> It is believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect
> any computer system into which it is received and opened.
>
> However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is
> virus free.
>
> The sender accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any
> way from its use.
>
> E-Mail received by or sent from RBC Capital Markets is subject to review
> by Supervisory personnel.
>
> Such communications are retained and may be produced to regulatory
> authorities or others with legal rights to the information.
>
> IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  TO COMPLY WITH U.S. TREASURY REGULATIONS, WE
> ADVISE YOU THAT ANY U.S. FEDERAL TAX ADVICE INCLUDED IN THIS COMMUNICATION
> IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED, AND CANNOT BE USED, TO AVOID ANY
> U.S. FEDERAL TAX PENALTIES OR TO PROMOTE, MARKET, OR RECOMMEND TO ANOTHER
> PARTY ANY TRANSACTION OR MATTER.

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*