{{Quickfixn}} Force close quickfixn

Ruaan Viljoen ruaanv at estuarys.co.za
Mon Sep 10 07:51:57 PDT 2012

I have been poking around in the Quickfix source to try and see what the issue is with the initiator.Stop(true) not actually logging out or ending the thread.
I found something that I don't quite understand:

In AbstractInitiator.cs

public void Stop(bool force)
{
isStopped_ = true;
                OnStop();
                thread_.Join(5000);
                thread_ = null;

                foreach (Session session in enabledSessions)
                                session.Logon();
}

What is this 'session.Logon();' doing in here?

Also regarding the issue that sessions are not logging out on Stop(true):
                public void Logout()
                {
                                                Logout("");
                }

                public void Logout(string reason)
                {
                                                state_.IsEnabled = false;
                                                state_.LogoutReason = reason;
                }
I don't quite see where the actual logout is being sent. Could this be one of the issues. I realize this might be asking you guys to get more involved that you have time for right now, but perhaps someone else can help shed some light.

Thanks
Ruaan