{{Quickfixn}} UPDATE - Message "AP" PositionReport Error on QuickFIX/N

Mike Gatny mgatny at connamara.com
Tue Jul 31 08:29:19 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Dean Reese <
contact at blackwavetechnologies.com> wrote:

>    at QuickFix.Message.SetGroup(**StringField grpNoFld, String msgstr,
> Int32 pos, FieldMap fieldMap, IGroupSpec dd, DataDictionary
> sessionDataDictionary, DataDictionary appDD, IMessageFactory msgFactory) in
> D:\QuickFIXN\QuickFIXn\**Message\Message.cs:line 510

This is actually quite helpful.  This line of code is calling a method on
the group object being parsed without checking for null first.  A quick
comparison to the C++ version (from which it was ported) shows that QF/c++
will return from this point if the group is null.  This part of the code is
pretty hairy, so I'm not sure immediately what a null group at this points
means, but I think we should start by writing a unit test using the message
from your log.  Maybe the NoPartyIDs group of length zero triggers the null
case?

--
Mike Gatny
Connamara Systems, LLC