{{Quickfixn}} Access SessionsSettings from within callbacks

Mike Gatny mgatny at connamara.com
Tue Jul 17 09:16:20 PDT 2012

Tom,

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Tom Boyce <tom at algodesignsolutions.com>wrote:

> OK, was hoping there was something like a SessionID.GetSessionSettings,
> but alas, there is not.  As a workaround, I am passing the SessionSettings
> into the constructor so that I can access it from the session.

This kind of thing comes up enough that I think it might be reasonable for
us to add a method like this.  Additionally, I have found it useful in past
(e.g. when measuring latency) to hack in an opaque context object to the
SessionID, so that user code can attach data and retrieve it as needed
without the need for a lookup table.  Which of course could also be used to
stash SessionSettings if we did not make that an explicit feature on its
own.

--
Mike Gatny
Connamara Systems, LLC