{{Quickfixn}} attention code submitters!

Grant Birchmeier gbirchmeier at connamara.com
Sat Sep 15 17:44:23 PDT 2012

I've gotten a lot of pull requests over the past month, and I've been
reviewing them today.

I'm seeing two main issues:

1) *Nobody's writing any tests.*  We have 10 recent pull requests, and not
a test amongst them.  Tests prove that a problem existed under the old
code, and that it's fixed with the new code.  Also, it demonstrates what
your code does.  We consider tests to be very valuable, and are very
hesitant to accept patches without them.  There are many existing tests in
UnitTests to look at if you are not familiar with NUnit.  If you feel that
tests are unwarranted, please state your case in a Pull Request comment.

2) *We can't break backward compatibility.  * A couple patches are removing
or altering public functions.  We can't do that.  Anybody who upgrades
their QF/n release should expect that it should compile with their existing
app just fine.

If you propose that a function should be removed, mark it with
[System.Obsolete("what
to do instead")] (so the compiler gives a warning), but you must leave it
in.

Thanks.
-Grant

*Connamara Systems, LLC*
*Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.*
Exactly what you need. No more. No less.*
*