{{Quickfixn}} Checksum problem

Christophe Lucas Christophe.Lucas at ae.be
Tue Aug 21 07:19:54 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I have got a problem with the checksum validation in a FIX5.0SP2 application when I receive a  SecurityList message.
The calculated checksum is not equal with the given checksum in the message.

As a quick fix, I was hoping to use the option 'ValidateLengthAndChecksum=N' , but I see that this option has been put into comment:

/** FIXME - implement optional settings
            if (settings.Has(SessionSettings.VALIDATE_LENGTH_AND_CHECKSUM))
                session.SetValidateLengthAndChecksum(settings.GetBool(SessionSettings.VALIDATE_LENGTH_AND_CHECKSUM));
*/

Can someone tell me if this is a known issue and if it is possible to comment it out again? Or are there other solutions?

Kind regards,
Christophe